In this review, I’m going to share my analysis and evaluation from my hands-on experience with Five9. But first, if you’re just beginning your search for the best call center tools, check out my picks for the best call center software. You probably already know that Five9 is among the most popular call center tools out there, but you need to better understand what’s good (and not so good) about it.
This in-depth Five9 review will walk you through the tool's pros and cons, features and functionality, and more to help guide you to better understand its capabilities and its suitability for your needs
Five9 Software Product Overview
Five9 is a cloud-based call center software that provides phone calls inbound call and outbound calling features, complete with automation, dialing, and messaging capabilities tailored for account managers and reps. It caters primarily to financial services and other industries requiring a comprehensive phone system with multichannel support and robust uptime. The tool benefits users with features like scripting for calls, call routing, and a callback function, ensuring a seamless communication experience.
It tackles pain points such as the need for efficient call handling, quality monitoring, and effective follow-up procedures. Notable for its softphone integration, speech recognition, and voicemail options, Five9 stands out with its web-based platform, allowing for high-quality customer interactions without the need for traditional headsets or hardware.
- Multichannel Support: Facilitates a unified approach to customer interactions across various channels.
- Intelligent Routing: Directs customers to the most appropriate rep, improving resolution times.
- Detailed Analytics: Offers actionable insights for strategic decision-making.
- Learning Curve: New users may require time to fully grasp all the features.
- Resource Demands: This may require robust hardware to run efficiently.
- Limited Customization: Some businesses might find the customization options insufficient.
From an expert's vantage point, the Five9 review demonstrates strong capabilities in multichannel communication and intelligent call routing using Voip, making it a solid choice within the CCaaS market. It excels in comprehensive analytics but might fall short for businesses looking for extensive customization.
The tool is particularly well-suited for larger customer service teams that demand a reliable and insightful phone system for high-volume call management. In comparison, I appreciate its robust functionality and integration options, which are vital for a streamlined workflow.
Five9: The Bottom Line
Unique for its detailed analytics and intelligent call routing, Five9 offers benefits that set it apart from other CCaaS tools, like its high uptime and multichannel capabilities. Its strength lies in providing a comprehensive service that allows reps to follow up effectively and maintain quality customer interactions.
The speech recognition feature and the ability to integrate with other software make it a noteworthy choice for businesses aiming to refine their customer experience.
Five9 Deep Dive
Here's a deep dive into Five9 features, best use cases, pricing, customer support, and other purchase factors.
- Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) - Yes
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) - Yes
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) - Yes
- Predictive Dialer - Yes
- Call Recording - Yes
- Call Monitoring - Yes
- Reporting and Analytics - Yes
- CRM Integration - Yes
- Live Chat - Yes
- Email Integration - Yes
- Workforce Management - Yes
- Quality Management - Yes
- Customer Satisfaction Tracking - Yes
- Multi-Channel Communication - Yes
- Speech Analytics - Yes
- Text-to-Speech - Yes
- Social Media Integration - Yes
- Self-Service Options - Yes
- Mobile Access - Yes
- Campaign Management - Yes
- API Access - Yes
- Knowledge Base - Yes
- Queue Management - Yes
- Real-Time Chat - Yes
- Data Import/Export - Yes
Five9 Feature Overview
- IVR with Speech Recognition: Five9’s IVR system utilizes advanced speech recognition to facilitate self-service options and route callers efficiently, standing out with its natural language processing capabilities.
- Intelligent Routing: This ensures callers are matched with the most skilled agent for their needs, improving first-call resolution rates.
- CRM Integration: Seamless integration with major CRM platforms allows for personalized customer interactions by providing agents with complete customer histories.
- Real-Time Reporting: Five9 offers in-depth reporting tools that provide real-time insights into call center operations, distinguishing itself with a high level of detail in analytics.
- Quality Management: With tools for monitoring and scoring calls, this feature helps in maintaining service standards and agent performance.
- Workforce Management: Scheduling and forecasting are made easy with Five9, helping businesses optimize staff levels to meet call volumes.
- Predictive Dialer: The predictive dialer minimizes downtime and increases contact rates, which is particularly efficient due to its machine-learning algorithm.
- Omnichannel Support: Five9 supports communication across multiple channels, including voice, chat, email, and social media, providing a consistent customer experience.
- API Access: The open API framework of Five9 allows businesses to customize and extend the functionality of the system.
- Security and Compliance: Five9 provides robust security measures and compliance with industry standards, ensuring customer data is protected.
- Five9 differentiates itself with a sophisticated IVR that includes speech recognition, allowing for more natural and intuitive self-service options.
- The software's predictive dialer is powered by machine learning, which optimizes call patterns to increase efficiency in a way that most other CCaaS solutions do not.
- Five9’s real-time reporting and analytics provide a level of granularity and insight that can be a game-changer for strategic decision-making within call centers.
Five9 offers out-of-the-box integrations with popular CRM systems like Salesforce, Zendesk, and Oracle, enhancing the flow of information between different business tools. These integrations enable users to streamline customer interactions and access comprehensive customer data within the call center interface.
The platform also provides an API, allowing for custom connections and additional flexibility. Various add-ons are available to extend Five9’s capabilities, such as enhanced workforce optimization and deeper analytics tools.
Pricing for Five9 is typically provided upon request and varies based on features and scale needed. However, in addition to custom pricing, Five9 also provides several easy pricing bundles:
- Digital Plan: $149/month. This plan is digital-only, providing chat, email, SMS, and social messaging.
- Core Plan: $149/month. This plan, on the other hand, is voice-only, offering tools to operate a global contact center with just voice support.
- Premium Plan: $169/month. This plan offers digital and voice tools, including chat, voice, and email. It also includes Essentials-level quality management.
- Optimum Plan: $199/month. This plan includes the same capabilities as the Premium bundle, with Enterprise-level quality management and Essentials-level workforce management tools.
- Ultimate Plan: $229/month. This plan builds on the Optimum plan, adding Enterprise-level workforce management tools, workflow automation, and interaction analytics.
There are no free tiers, and additional costs may include premium features or integrations.
Ease of Use
I find the interface of Five9 straightforward, though the comprehensive feature set can present a steep learning curve for new users. The onboarding process is thorough, and the tool is well-organized, but mastering its full suite of features requires commitment.
Five9 offers a range of support options, including documentation, webinars, and live chat. Response times can vary, and some users report delays in resolving complex issues. Despite a comprehensive support system, the level of assistance can be inconsistent, which some customers find frustrating.
Five9 Use Case
Who Would Be A Good Fit For Five9?
I see Five9 as an ideal fit for medium to large businesses that require a robust and feature-rich contact center solution. The most loyal customers are often those with high call volumes, such as customer support centers, financial service companies, and healthcare providers, where managing multiple customer communication channels efficiently is crucial.
Teams that value detailed analytics, comprehensive reporting, and the ability to integrate with other business systems would find Five9 especially beneficial. The tool excels in fast-paced environments where reliability and comprehensive functionality are essential.
Who Would Be A Bad Fit For Five9?
Small businesses or those just starting might find Five9 not aligning with their needs due to its complexity and cost structure. Customers who are disappointed tend to be those looking for a more basic solution or those with limited resources to invest in a sophisticated CCaaS platform.
Industries that require less interaction with customers or small teams that can function effectively with simpler and less costly systems would likely find Five9 to be an excess in features and an underutilization of their investment.
Can Five9 integrate with existing CRM systems?
Yes, Five9 integrates with several CRM systems, including Salesforce and Zendesk.
Does Five9 support omnichannel communication?
Yes, it supports multiple channels like voice, chat, email, and social media.
Is there mobile support available with Five9?
Yes, Five9 provides mobile access for management and agents.
Does Five9 offer analytics and reporting?
Yes, Five9 offers in-depth analytics and real-time reporting capabilities.
Can calls be recorded and monitored using Five9?
Yes, call recording and monitoring are key features of Five9.
Is Five9 compliant with industry regulations?
Yes, Five9 adheres to various industry compliance standards.
Does Five9 have an API for custom integrations?
Yes, Five9 provides an API for additional customization and integration needs.
Are there workforce management tools in Five9?
Yes, workforce management is part of Five9's feature set.
Alternatives to Five9
- RingCentral Contact Center: Ideal for businesses looking for a unified communication solution that extends beyond CCaaS.
- Talkdesk: Best for companies requiring an easy-to-use interface with strong AI capabilities.
- Genesys Cloud: Suitable for enterprises needing highly customizable and scalable contact center solutions.
Five9 Company Overview & History
Five9 is a provider of cloud-based contact center software that helps businesses manage customer interactions across voice, chat, email, and social channels. Its solutions are used by a wide range of companies, including customer service centers and businesses in various industries. Five9 is a publicly traded company, with shareholders owning the company.
The headquarters is located in San Ramon, California. Notable individuals include Rowan Trollope, the CEO. The company's mission is to provide businesses with reliable and scalable contact center solutions. Founded in 2001, Five9 has been a pioneer in the cloud contact center space, with significant milestones including its IPO and continuous product innovation.
Five9 presents a comprehensive and robust suite of CCaaS functionalities well-suited for medium to large-sized businesses that prioritize efficient customer interaction management. With its strong focus on integration, analytics, and omnichannel support, it stands out as a premium choice for those ready to invest in a top-tier contact center solution.
I encourage you to share your own experiences or ask further questions about Five9 to foster a community of informed decision-makers.